POCreative is an Australian-based public relations agency for creative POC (People of Colour), headquartered in Melbourne. It was founded in 2015 by Sakhile Harrison (formerly Ndlovu), a digital marketing professional.
“We work with talented GLOBAL CITIZENS that call Australia HOME, giving them a chance to be discoverable by creating a long lasting and authentic digital footprint.”
The idea for doing PR and digital marketing for diverse talent was sparked after having relocated to Perth, Western Australia from Zimbabwe. There was a strong need for multicultural voices to be heard locally, and ownership of their own narrative on a global scale.
This need still exists today, and our team and services are expanding nationwide to change the stereotypes and transform the perception of multicultural Australia.
What we do
- We assist both business owners and creatives from diverse backgrounds to increase their online visibility and gain new opportunities.
- Employers, creative directors and producers come to us to source and find unique creative talent in our network and community of users.
- Creatives learn the steps of becoming more visible to a local and global audience, and to reach an organic market for their work.
- We teach startups and SME’s how to invest in their online marketing wisely – only upgrading to paid advertising methods when the time and your budget are right.
- Our forever free platform for creatives allows them to publish content and self-promote through our channels.
- We’re not selective with who we work with. We want to fill the representation gaps and bring unity into the Australian Arts industry.