Take the next step in your marketing career by joining one of Australia’s fastest growing publishers and marketing agencies. We need an assistant, which means that while you won’t be running your own marketing projects yet, you’ll get great experience in a number of different tasks.
The advantage with this is you’ll never get bored and get to work across a range of marketing roles, having the opportunity to show us where your greatest skills lie. We promote quickly and we’re growing, so people aren’t usually ‘the new kid’ for long. Get in on the ground floor, with strong promotion opportunities in the future.
You also need to know that we’ve outgrown our current office, so we’ll be moving into an awesome new space in Collingwood at the end of April.
Who are we?
Monkey Media is a unique hybrid, we publish trade magazine and organise industry events, and we are also a marketing agency, specialising in creating content and digital solutions for companies in our niche.
We are growing quickly and were listed in the Australian Financial Review’s Fast 100 for 2018.
We cover industries like utilities, infrastructure, and energy. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to have much knowledge of these areas in advance, as long as you’re open to learning their hidden mysteries!
Who are you?
We need people who are multi-skilled and comfortable taking on different roles in a fast growing company.
The core skills we need are;
You need to be super organised and calm under pressure
You need some marketing flair, but you also need to be able to understand the needs of our business and the clients, so not all of your ideas will get off the ground
You must be a confident communicator; in writing, on the phone and in person, able to conduct interviews, front up to client meetings, and network at industry events
A can-do attitude, with a genuine focus on building a long-term career for yourself in this industry. Some long-term ambition, and a willingness to do the hard work on the way there.
Make sure you let us know if you have experience with any of the following;
Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
Excel or Google Sheets
Mailchimp or any other bulk mailing platforms
WordPress websites, HTML or CSS coding
Any other digital, software or “techy stuff” you think we should know about
What it’s really like
An average day at Monkey Media will see you performing some, if not all, of these duties;
- Pulling the data around clicks and open rates for our own or our clients’ newsletters, and if you’re up to it, analysing these results to make recommendations for content in the future
Cold calling businesses in our industry to find out their marketing contact
- Monitoring the social media pages of our clients and scheduling posts for them and us
- Drinking coffee with the operations manager or managing director as you brainstorm the next big thing in marketing
Attending events and conferences – either one we run or one put on by someone else. Here you’ll meet industry contacts, talk to people about what we do and always be on the lookout for new clients for us
- Brainstorming a completely original slogan for a client’s new pump when that pump is not actually that different than every other pump
- You can rest assured that we won’t judge your coffee addiction. In fact, we don’t believe in limiting the amount of coffee that people can drink during the day. (Plus you can make it however you like; we provide almond milk, MCT oil, and even hot chocolate for the sugar addicts. If we’ve missed something you need just let us know. Did we mention we think coffee matters?)
- We work hard, but not crazy hours, and we’re always flexible. If you’re focused on getting a job done well, you’ll love it. If you’re looking for an easy-ride or are a clock-watcher, swipe left!
But, like how many days and hours are we talking here?
Ok, this part is flexible, so let us know the hours and days you’re looking for. If you meet the criteria and are prepared to work hard, we can find the hours that suit you. We all start as casuals, with permanent positions available after six months.
What’s it pay and when can I start?
Everyone starts on $25.50 per hour. All of our senior team started this way. If you’re worth more, come and prove it and we won’t keep you waiting long.
We’ll do interviews in the next few weeks and can have you start soon after that (but we do understand if you’re working somewhere else you’ll need time to give notice, that’s fine).
Sounds perfect, I’m in – what next?
Click the link below to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.surveymonkey.com.